- Mail. City of Albert Lea, 221 East Clark St., Albert Lea, MN 56007
- Drop Box. Use the payment drop box on the front side of City Hall on Clark Street
- In Person. Visit the finance department between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Automatic Payment Plan. Sign up to have your utility bill debited directly from your bank account on the penalty date. Call (507) 377-4301 to request a sign-up form or print one here.
- Over the phone. You may call in with a credit or debit card to make your payment.
Payments: Please pay your bill in time to reach our office by the penalty date shown on the front of your bill. It is always the customer’s responsibility to keep the City of Albert Lea full advised of any change of address.
Delinquent bills: If a utility bill becomes delinquent, water service may be disconnected. To resume service, the delinquent bill must be paid in full along with a reconnection fee.
Reconnection fee …………………………………..$90.00
After Hours Reconnection Fee …………………..$150.00
Penalties: All balances not paid by the penalty date will be charged a five percent (5%) late payment charge.
Senior Citizen Discount: Eligible parties may apply for this discount by contacting our office. This discount needs to be applied for annually prior to June 1st of each year. This discount is available to benefit low income persons over the age of 65 and/or disabled persons as defined by the Social Security Administration. Qualifying for this discount will reduce your bill by the fixed daily cost of your water and sewer service.