Fountain Lake Dock Permits
The 2021 Open Application Process:
On April 16th starting at 6am at the City Arena we will be taking applications for our open dock permits. To adhere to social distancing, we will operate this process as a drive thru. All applicants will remain in their vehicles. We will not be using the building to issue the permits.
1. Signs and cones will direct you where to go as you arrive at the City Arena parking lot. Please adhere to these directions as you will line up in the order that you arrive.
2. Beginning at 6am a staff member will begin taking applications at the front of the line of the cars. A map will be available for you to view through your window. Once you select your dock space, you will provide the staff member with your completed dock application, payment and proof of insurance (if you have it).
a. Please have the Dock Permit Application (found below) completed prior to talking with the staff member. You will fill in the dock number once selected.
b. Checks should be made out to the City of Albert Lea ahead of time. Cash, in the correct amount, is also accepted. If absolutely necessary credit cards can be used but only through you verbally providing the card information to the staff member.
c. Applicant applying for dock space is not required to be present, however paperwork with their signature is required in order to be granted the dock space.
3. Only on-site applications will be accepted on April 16th from 6am-9am. All remaining open dock permits will be issued beginning April 16th at 10am in our office or by calling 507-377-4370.
– Staff will be wearing masks and sanitizing their hands after working with each vehicle.
– All applicants are required to wear a face mask, or face covering when directly working with staff members.
– Please provide your own pen to complete any paperwork on site. Staff will not be providing these.
– If you choose to arrive significantly early, we do require you to stay on-site. No vehicles should be left unattended in order to save your spot in line.
– A reminder that final insurance documents must have liability coverage of $1,000,000 and the dock space needs to be listed as proof of extended coverage.
– Questions regarding the City of Albert Lea Dock Rental process can be directed to:
1. The Recreation Office at 507-377-4370
2. Email email@example.com
** For a current list of available dock spaces please call the Recreation Office at 507-377-4370.
Dock permits are available to all residents and non-residents.
Homeowners with property tied to a dock space and previous year dock renters will have right to first refusal to rent their spaces for the 2021 season from March 1st until April 1st. On April 16th at 6:00am any remaining dock spaces will open to the public for rental on a first come, first served basis.
The cost is $150.00 in-town, and $200.00 out of town. Proof of insurance (with dock number included and the City of Albert Lea listed as an additional insured) in the amount of $1,000,000.00 is required when renewing/renting all dock spaces. You may mail in your renewal application with payment and insurance information to 221 E. Clark St., or drop off in the Recreation Office at the City Arena at 701 Lake Chapeau Dr.
Marina Pilot Project
-The Marina Pilot project will include a floating dock with four slip spaces. The marina will be west of the walk in gate near the parking lot at Edgewater Park.
The fee is based on equipment costs in comparison of an individual purchasing a dock and the included cost of installation, removal, maintenance, storage and dock space fees.
If the pilot project is successful additional slips can be installed at a later date. The rental space will provide a convenient location for watercraft owners on Fountain Lake that desire a dock but do not wish to have the expense to purchase, install, remove and maintain each year. Lessee of the slip will be permitted to install one watercraft lift at the lessees expense adjacent to the dock although not attached to the dock which allows the floating dock to raise and lower with the water depth of the lake.
Please call the Parks and Recreation office 507-377-4370.
Community Garden Rentals
2021 Community Garden Renewals will be accepted until April 1st at 5pm. All remaining garden plots will open to the public for rental on April 2nd at 8am at the Recreation Office.