Junk Vehicle/Refuse/Grass Complaints

NOTICE:  Junk vehicle, refuse, and grass complaints will continue to be addressed but may be delayed due to the COVID-19 situation. 

Please fill out the following form to make a complaint on a property in the City of Albert Lea. If you’d like to speak to someone, or the property is outside of Albert Lea but within Freeborn County, please call 507-377-5780.

Please fill out the following form:

  • You will remain anonymous, we need your contact information in case we have follow-up questions on the complaint and to let you know the outcome.
  • Junk Vehicle Complaint

  • A junk vehicle is one that has expired registration or is non-operable. If non-compliant, the vehicle can be towed in 14 days.
  • Refuse Complaint

  • If non-compliant, refuse can be removed in 10 days (dependent on contractor availability.
  • Grass Complaint

  • Grass must be at least 9 inches tall to file a complaint. If non-compliant, the grass can be mowed in 7 days (dependent upon contractor availability).