Statement of Purpose
The City of Albert Lea is requesting proposals for the purpose of selecting a qualified organization to manage operations at the Senior Center.
The City of Albert Lea is located in southern Minnesota at the interchange or Interstate Highways 35 and 90. There are approximately 200-250 members with about 50 attendees per day. The facility is located at the Skyline Mall. The facility rent, facility overhead and maintenance are paid by the City.
Scope of Services and General Duties
The scope of this project is to find an organization with ties to Albert Lea and Freeborn County seniors that is able to manage daily activities; develop and promote activities focused on social, mental and physical health; and maintain a sense of community within the membership.
- Activities will include, but need not be limited to:
- Providing coffee when center is open and snacks for social events.
- Leisure activities like billiards, cards, puzzles, quilting, crafts, Bingo and more
- Physical activities like building bones, Toning Goldie’s and Senior Aerobics exercise classes.
- Maintain 2-3 staff people from the hours of Monday 8:00 AM. – 1:00 PM., Tuesday through Friday 8:00 AM. – 5:00 PM.
- Provide a system of checking attendees for paid membership dues.
- Communicate regularly with the Recreation Manager on activities and operations.
- The facility is available to rent outside of Senior Center programing hours through the City’s Park and Recreation Office. It will be maintained in a manner allowing this additional use through proper storage and security after use.
- Advertise and communicate your programming to members and the public.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with the Senior Center Board.
- Able to begin operations quickly as the City re-opens the Senior Center this late spring.
The proposal must, at a minimum, include the following:
- Description of your organization with a history of providing services to senior members of the community.
- List cooperative benefits that may align with the activities or participants at the Senior Center.
- Identify person(s) with key responsibilities who will be assigned to oversee the project along with their qualifications.
Instructions to Consultants
The firms shall submit one (1) one PDF or hard copy of the proposal to:
City of Albert Lea
221 E Clark Street
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Closing Submission Date
Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021.
Inquiries concerning this RFP should be directed to Ian Rigg at (507) 377-4330, or email@example.com.
Conditions of Proposal
All cost incurred in the preparation of a proposal responding to this RFP will be the responsibility of the submitter and will not be reimbursed by the City of Albert Lea.
Right to reject
The City of Albert Lea reserves the right to reject any and all proposals received in response to this RFP.
Decision awarding a contract will be based on qualifications of the organization and its ability to positively impact the community. After review additional information such as charges for service and details regarding those charges may be required.
Notification of Award
A decision of selecting successful consulting firm(s) to participate in interviews with the Planning Commission will be made within two-three weeks from the closing date of the receipt of proposals.