- The Freeborn County Fire Investigation Team (F.C.F.I.T.) is a group of BCA trained fire investigators that look for cause and origin of a fire. They will assist any fire department with their investigative needs. They work closely with the State Fire Marshal and insurance investigators. If you need the services of the F.I.T. team call 377-5200.
- Extinguisher demos are available for any business or group that can benefit. The fire department will come to your business and explain how the extinguisher works along with proper use. Also demonstrate the different types of extinguishers and offer hands on use. You provide the extinguisher we provide the instruction and target to practice with. Any interest in scheduling a demo call 377-4340.
- The Reassurance call-in program is a program designed to give elderly or single people daily contact with the fire department. Perfect for people that live by themselves and need a daily check-in for safety’s sake. The citizen calls in every morning between the hours of eight and eleven a.m. to let the department know that all is well. If a call is not received by eleven then someone will call to check on you. If there is no answer, someone will come to your home to make sure everything is ok. This is a free service that is provided to any resident of the City of Albert Lea. Please call 377-4340 if you are interested in this program.
- Blood Pressure checks are available every Thursday from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. at the City of Albert Lea Senior Citizens Center located at the Skyline Plaza. Checks are also available at the fire station between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you have questions please call 373-0704.
- Free smoke detectors thanks to the Realtors Association are available to the elderly or anyone in need. We will bring them out and install them for you at no charge. Limit one detector per household. If you need one or know someone who is in need please call 377-4340.
- Safety talks are offered to any group in need of fire safety related teachings. We offer presentations to all age groups and will tailor to your group as needed. We also have a monthly radio talk show on KATE 1450AM. If you have questions about a safety talk for your group call 377-4340.