The Albert Lea Airport originated as a private field in the 1920’s on the west side of town. It has been at it’s current location since the 1950’s, as a city-owned public use airport conveniently located near the I90 & I35 corridor.
The existing airfield consists of two bituminous surfaced runways, one northwest-southeast runway (17-35) and one southwest-northeast runway (5-23). Runway 17/35 is served by a parallel taxiway.
Runway 17/35 is 5000 feet long by 100 feet wide, and Runway 5/23 is 2,900 feet long by 75 feet wide. Runway 17/35 has a GPS/LPV approach with weather minimums of 250 feet and ¾ mile visibility as well as VOR, Medium Intensity Runway Lights (MIRLS). Runway End Identifier Lights (REILS), and a Precision Approach Path Indicator. Runway 17 has Omni-directional Approach lights. Runway 5/23 has no instrument approach, runway lighting or visual navigational aids.
For more information regarding airport operations contact:
T-Hangars, as available, can be rented by contacting the Engineering Department for more information.
Citizens are encouraged to serve on the Albert Lea Airport Advisory Board, an advisory body to the Albert Lea City Council and city staff. If interested in serving on the board contact Steven Jahnke.